Now more than ever we need to rely on a trusted team to get us through our real estate transactions.
This is not the time to use your mother's second cousin's aunt with XYZ Real Estate Company. Now is the time to use a Long and Foster agent in the DelMarVa and PA area and their team of professionals to get your through this transaction.
Our Title companies are disinfecting the settlement rooms immediately before and after each settlement and discarding all pens that were used so as to not share any germs. Our mortgage company partners are equipped to take loan applications virtually and their processing teams are working electronically and safely. Our Realtors are carrying hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes with them to help keep everyone safe. They are also taking virtual tours so you can see every aspect of the home virtually.
Are you thinking about buying or selling a home? Let us help guide you during these troubling times!!
Whether you're buying a home during a pandemic or not, there are always fundamental factors to consider.
Is the home the best fit for your needs?
Is the neighborhood a good one?
You're making a decision in a fairly stable environment and your real estate agent can help answer the majority of your questions.
You decide it's the right home, offer, contract, inspection, appraisal, financing, closing. Maybe really smooth, maybe a bit bumpy, but at the end you have keys to your new home.
Now enter COVID-19 and the complexity level goes up significantly.
FOR NOW (as of this writing) IN SOUTHWEST OHIO, the process for buying a home is still much the same, but with some changes.
- Some (but not many) home sellers have decided to pull their home off the market for now. Maybe they're high risk for COVID-19 and the prudent thing to do is not having potentially contaminated strangers coming through their home. Completely understandable, right?
- The support organizations to the process are still available. Title companies, loan officers, home inspectors and MOST real estate agents. There's an increased emphasis on disinfecting and minimizing personal contact (sorry, no handshakes for now!). Home inspectors may opt to NOT allow the buyers to attend. And there's a LOT of work from
- There's a risk that any dates agreed to in a contract may have to alter. For now the county offices are still allowing recording of sales, but this is subject to change.
- Then there's the financial considerations. How secure is your job? And your source of down payment? If it's tied up in investments...well you know what the market has been doing.
- Now all of this extra complexity is assuming NO ONE involved in the transaction actually gets sick from COVID-19.
Now if you take a look around the nation, you see what could be coming soon to our area. Shelter-in-place orders, closings of more and more businesses, perhaps a decision similar to Pennsylvania where the governor decided all things real estate are "non-essential" and to be delayed.
Bottom line, if you've got a driving need to buy a house NOW, the process is still available. But go into the process eyes wide open knowing that at any point there could be significant disruption.
The prudent thing to do? (and you might not ever expect to here this from a real estate agent). WAIT. Find your shelter spot. Stay healthy.
And when this is over, buckle up. There's going to be pent-up demand and competition.
Want to discuss further? Just call Bill at 513-520-5305 or email Liz@LizSpear.com.
Serving Greater Cincinnati home buyers and sellers,
Bill &Liz aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map
If you are thinking of buying or selling an home in Maryland give us a call at 410-292-0100 or start your search here and we'll talk about the market conditions and what your home could possibly be worth in today's market place if you are thinking of selling. If you are considering buying a home, there is no better time than now to buy. The tax savings and wealth building alone is worth the plunge into todays market. Remax New Beginnings and I are connected with some of the brightest and best real estate agents in the world and can assist with your move here in Maryland or anywhere in the United States or abroad. Ask me how.
June Piper-Brandon ~ Associate Broker ~ CDPE, CIAS, ePro, MRP
Long & Foster Hampden
410-292-0100 - Direct 410-889-9800 Office