End of Summer Checklist
Although summer officially ended on September 21, for many of us south of the Mason Dixon Line the warm weather continues long after that date. In face, our leaves have just started to change and thoughts of fall are fresh in everyone's mind. And, maintaining our homes through the winter is top of mind for many homeowners and those considering selling in the spring.
- Check your furnace and change your furnace filters. You may want to have an expert come in and clean and service your furnace so it is in peak performance.
- Clean gutters - if you don't have gutter guards, and even if you do, you'll want to check your gutters and remove all leaves and debris and check that the seams are all intact and operating properly draining water away from your roof.
- Secure the exterior of your home - take a look at your foundation, patch cracks and make sure wires are secure, check siding and downspouts and loose shingles. Winter can be hard on a home and if it gets behind your siding, shingles, gutters etc it can do a lot of damage.
- Turn off outside water spigots and drain lines.
- Test batteries in your smoke detectors, alarms and such around your home.
- Make sure walk ways are free and clear of leaves and debris and hedges are trimmed back in anticipation of snow and ice so as to avoid any slip and fall hazards.
Fall and winter is also a good time to sell your home, buyers who are looking now are more motivated to purchase because quite often they have to find a home now, so if you are considering selling your home give me a call, I will be happy to come out and talk to you about what your home is worth and any improvements you might need to make in order to get top dollar for your home.
If you are thinking of buying or selling an home in Maryland give us a call at 410-292-0100 or start your search here and we'll talk about the market conditions and what your home could possibly be worth in today's market place if you are thinking of selling. If you are considering buying a home, there is no better time than now to buy. The tax savings and wealth building alone is worth the plunge into todays market. Long and Foster and I are connected with some of the brightest and best real estate agents in the world and can assist with your move here in Maryland or anywhere in the United States or abroad. Ask me how.
During these trying times Long & Foster and I are equipped with the latest technology to sell your home using Virtual Open Houses, Virtual showings, electronic signing, virtual inspection and even online closings. You can reach out to me through Snapchat, Duo, Skype, Google Hangouts, What's App, text messaging or simply by phone. We take your and your families health and safety very seriously.
June Piper-Brandon ~ Associate Broker ~ CDPE, CIAS, ePro, MRP
Long & Foster Hampden
410-292-0100 - Direct 410-889-9800 Office